Lollapalooza 2012

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Vicolette, May 3, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Chicago always has something going on and upcoming on the events calendar is Lollapalooza August 3 to 5. The line up, once again, is extensive and two of my favorites, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Black Sabbath, will be rockin the stage. The festival is held in Grant Park. For those planning to travel to Chicago for the music fest, tickets are on sale now and going fast.

2. toholdme

toholdme New Member

Lollapalooza wrecked Grant Park

wow, im surprised thy organizers Lollapalooza have been allowed to host the festival in Grant Park again after what happened last year... Grant Park looked really like a rock ‘n’ roll battlefield after the event finished...the fields were muddy and there was such a horrible stench of stale beer (see picture attached). I think the city of Chicago spent a whooping $200,000 to fix it, which is ridiculous in this economy!

Attached Files:

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Whoa! The area looks like a wasteland. The music fest is such a success, could be that's why the city is keeping it in GP. The 3-day advance, early bird and regular tickets are already sold out. Single day passes and some VIP tickets are still available. It's going to be another good one!

4. unkle77

unkle77 New Member

Lollapalooza tickets

yeah, day passes are still available for Friday and Sunday but for $95 a piece, which is way too expensive!..I was actually one of the lucky ones who got in to the "secret sale" of Early Bird passes priced at $75 for all three days...they sold out in a matter of minutes.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That picture is wild! Festivals are cool to attend, but they sure can wreak havoc on the parklands and the people who get too much sun. but that's part of the fun. You're awfully luck, unkle, to get those tickets. Those sound like a great value!