Long Island in summer

Discussion in 'New York' started by wanderer, Jun 6, 2014.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Have you been to Long Island in the summer? I'm a huge fan of the show Royal Pains, and it makes the Hamptons look so lovely. What would you recommend for someone who does not have the budget of a TV show or a business titan? Can normal folks enjoy summer in Long Island?

2. Photofun

Photofun New Member

I heard Long Island is opening a zip line type Adventure Park in Wheatley Heights on June 21. I wonder how good it would be but if it's anything close to the zip lines in Costa Rica I'm definitely taking the trip there.

3. iguazafalls

iguazafalls New Member

One of the coolest things in Long Island is the Bethpage Jones Beach Air Show at Jones Beach State Park which normally happens in late May. Belmont Park also holds plenty of activities and live shows for everyone, and Boomers amusement park is also fun for the whole family. They have go karts, miniature golf, bumper boats, etc.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Those all sound like great suggestions for Long Island. I bet the ziplne isn't as cool as a canopy tour through the raiinforest...but it does sound like fun. I had some trouble with my cable and have missed all the Royal Pains this season. It's working now, so I am going to watch!