Looking for a cheap hostel in Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jubran, May 19, 2009.

1. jubran

jubran New Member

Hi

I am looking to backpacking in Sydney and would appreciate if someone could help me out with some places where I can stay for cheap.

Thanks for your help!

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

If you are looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Sydney, the Mates Place Sydney Hostel on Roslyn Street in the center of the Kings Cross neighborhood is a great recommendation.

The Mates Place Sydney Hostel features air conditioning and free airport pickup if you stay for at least three nights. Prices to stay at the Mates Place Sydney range between $12 and $30 USD.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. travelchic

travelchic New Member

yes in kings cross. there's The globe backpackers hostel and the great aussie backpackers. you'll get to meet backpackers too. i think you'll have a wonderful trip

4. shubhranshu

shubhranshu New Member

Kangaroo BakPak at 665 South Dowling St Surry Hills, Nomads Maze Backpackers at 417 pitt street and The Globe Backpackers at 40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross may also be good options for you.
    luxury resorts
    http://travel.justluxe.com/

5. arnisere

arnisere New Member

Hey,

I stayed in a hostel in Kingscross in Syndey called the Jolly Swagman Backpackers, which was great value for money. I paid about $150 a week for a dorm room. The hostel itself is right in the center on Kingscross but one block back from the main so it is quiet and out of the way of the noise at night, yet just round the corner from the best night life, bars, restaurants and shops. I was in The Jolly Swagman for a few weeks and had a great time. Met some great people, they helped me get a job, they organized group events for people staying there and I would definitely go back there.

Arn

6. sophielilydj

sophielilydj New Member

Hostel in Sydney

1. Sydney Central YHA

2. Sydney Central Backpackers

3. Wake Up! Sydney Central

4. Bondi Beach Based Hostels

5. Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers

6. Base Sydney

7. Kings Cross / Potts Point Based Hostels

8. The Original Backpackers Hostel

9. Eva's Backpackers

7. nimmysnv

nimmysnv New Member

Hi,

It is good for first time travelers as, from your list of hostels Bondi Beach Based Hostels, Base Sydney are good as lot of backpackers from different places come and stay here for a long duration of time.

Thanks!!