Louisville Historic home tours

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Number99, May 13, 2014.

1. Number99

Number99 New Member

One cool thing to do in Louisville if you are a bit of a history buff is taking a tour of the historic homes which open to the public during the warm weather. Head to the Conrad-Caldwell House Museum and talk to the folks there about tours and how to visit the houses. By the way, there's an Old Louisville Home tour coming up the 24th of May.

2. haydays

haydays New Member

Yes, you can book a historic tour of Louisville at the Old Louisville Information Center in Central Park. They offer daily walking tours between 11 am, 1 and 7:30 pm. It is true that you can book tours with local tour companies but I would strongly suggest Old Louisville Information Center because their guides and interpreters are actual residents of the neighborhoods.

3. ThisWorld2010

ThisWorld2010 New Member

I am always surprised how Louisville seems to never be most people's first choice among places they haven't been. There's a surprising amount of stuff to see and several good food options there. I'm a huge baseball fan so visiting the Louisville Slugger Museum and doing the factory tour were great. The Kentucky Derby Museum on the grounds of Churchill Downs is also a must-see. You get to tour Churchill Downs and see the track, open grandstands, and covered indoor luxury areas. The actual museum shows a list of all the Derby winners, fancy hats and clothing worn by celebrities at Derby Day.