Machu Piccu/Inca Trail advice

Discussion in 'Peru' started by Huior-Chang, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Huior-Chang

Huior-Chang New Member

I recommend booking in advance tickets for Machu Picchu because they have limited amount of visitor per day that they allow at the site especially during the high season (June through September). You can buy tickets via the official website http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

As far as the Inca trail you need an Inca trail permit and tickets must be book around 5 months in advance because it's always full. Personally, I wouldn't too much about the Inca Trail because it isn't really the best trek option in Peru, Lares Trek is!

2. Lazarus1

Lazarus1 New Member

My advice is to expect a lot of huffing and puffing as you climb/walk around Machu Picchu because of the high altitude. Even if you are in good shape, you will still fee it, though of course it helps if you are in shape. If you plan to hike the Inca Trail then I definitely recommend that you acclimatize yourself in Cusco first.

3. udontget4

udontget4 New Member

Definitely plan your costs well because the Inca Trail is not cheap. Bring along some snacks for the road too like power bars to keep energy levels up. s far as hiking gear, you dont need to bring any with you because the streets of Cusco are lined with shops offering hiking gear for rental at very fair prices.