Madrid Nightlife

Discussion in 'Spain' started by filippoQ, Jun 11, 2009.

1. filippoQ

filippoQ New Member

hi! we're traveling to Spain next week and we'll be staying in Madrid. i was wondering what the nightlife is like? any input? cheers

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

Madrid nightlife is a mix of discobares and discotecas which feature a very lively scene.

Discobares are the most common of all Spain nightlife haunts which play a mix of rock, dance, and salsa music and they usually get going around 11 pm and stay open to 2 am or 3 am. If you visit Madrid's discotecas, on the other hand, don't bother to head out until midnight as they don't get started until 1 am.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. unique07

unique07 New Member

That sounds like quite happening...

4. DilbertPart2

DilbertPart2 New Member

wow! that's a real night life. sounds fun and a great try!

5. leo.strang

leo.strang New Member

I was in Barcelona last summer and I really enjoyed the nightlife there. As Vacation buddy already mentioned it's very lively and you can meet there interesting people. Next time I will try to visit Barcelona not in the hot season because in July when I was there the city was overcrowded with tourists.

6. alex2213

alex2213 New Member

Whatever you do don't miss a club called "El perro" in Calle del Pez. this is off the Gran via and it's one of the best places I've been to! Loads of local artists come by.
    Also, another must is "Joy Eslava" off the main square.