Madrid or Barcelona?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by JamesWilson, Mar 23, 2010.

1. JamesWilson

JamesWilson New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about returning to Europe (as last year I've been in Portugal) and I wanted to go to Spain but not sure whether to go to Madrid or Barcelona? I will also heading to Paris afterwards. Any suggestions?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

Both Madrid and Barcelona have their own unique culture and flavor.

Since you're going to Paris as well, and you need to choose between Madrid and Barcelona, I would suggest Barcelona, as it'll be closer to France.

Once in Barcelona, don't miss the famous La Rambla, a stop at the nearby Boqueria Market, and the Gothic Quarter to see the Catedral de la Seau.

3. katanne

katanne New Member

ill be choosing barce;lona.. i think, there are more beatifule places there.. have a nice trip..=)

4. kethrinelopez

kethrinelopez New Member

Barcelona and the surrounding area is a must. The art, architecture, culture, food, beaches, and mountains are fantastic. I think its a great city!

One stop shop for Spain travel deals

5. st1houseo07

st1houseo07 New Member

I was all set to go to Barcelona in May and now my friends have pulled out so I am really disappointed! I did go a few years ago, but I think I was too young to appreciate it's culture. However, I did go to Madrid last year and the year before and would quite happily go again. I had two completely different breaks there, the latter being a bit of a drinking trip. There was so much to do, lots of bars and clubs all with good music and good people. I found all of the locals so lovely and very hospitable.
    I would, ideally tell you to cram in both cities but I realise time is precious, so I think I'm going to say Madrid for now. Have a good trip!