Maine Vacation

Discussion in 'Maine' started by everyann, Aug 9, 2006.

1. everyann

everyann Guest

Hi All!

Here at the Maine forum we can help you discover things to do while on a vacation in Maine! From fly fishing on the Rapid River to skiing at Sugarloaf USA, we can help you find the answer to your questions. Just ask.

2. Texas Super

Texas Super New Member

Im thinking about visiting Maine in May 2007. Is that a good time to visit? I have a friend who moved from Texas to a little town on the coast, I think its called Prospect Bay or Prospect Harbor. Is May a good month?

3. everyann

everyann Guest

I think that's a great time to visit. It's right on the verge of being summer! Summer in Maine will bring outdoor concerts, lobster festivals or bake offs, and even sailing. So if you love the outdoor activities on the harbor or along the coast, you'll have a great time!

4. ryder

ryder New Member

I believe it's Prospect Harbor...near to Bar Harbor and yes, May would be a great month, weather-wise, to visit. So would any of the summer months if May doesn't work out. Acadia National Park is just an hour away or so, or since you're in the harbor there are lots of boating or water-related activities available. There are also a bunch of small islands laying around that area that your friend may know more about.

5. richlanxsabelle

richlanxsabelle New Member

Miles of warm, sandy beaches. Boutiques, antique and eateries in Portland's Old Port. L.L. Bean and the Freeport outlets. Historical coastal villages, pristine lakes and rivers, mountain trails, country fairs and festivals, no wonder Maine is known as Vacationland.

6. richlanxsabelle

richlanxsabelle New Member

Miles of warm, sandy beches. Boutiques, antiques and eateries in Portland's Old Port. L.L. Bean and the Freeport outlet. Historic coastal villages, pristine lakes and rivers, mountain trails, country fairs and festivals, no wonder Maine is known as Vacation land. From Kittery to Camden to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, the many attraction of Maine await you.

7. xztheericzx

xztheericzx New Member

just what i needed

i'm eric. joining a couple boards and looking
    forward to participating. hehe unless i get
    too distracted!

eric

8. DilbertPart2

DilbertPart2 New Member

Nice description about Maine. Will the beaches still be nice in November?