Major festivals in Singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Qijwim, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Qijwim

Qijwim New Member

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Singapore and would like to know some of the festivals that happen in Singapore? I'm opened to any types of festival, but would like to plan my trip around a big festival.

Thank you!

2. Felipemoreno

Felipemoreno New Member

If can jet out in the next weeks for the Chinese new year celebrations, you won't find a bigger festival than that one. Singapore's Chinatown is already hosting a long party to welcome the Chinese new year. I was able to be there last year and it was an amazing experience. The temples open their doors, vendors sell tasty foods and decorations glow under lanterns of the night bazaar. Amazing..;)

3. peter

peter New Member

Singapore is well known for it's culture. Here one can find people from every culture here and Singaporeans celebrate number of festivals and events. If you are planning your trip any time soon then you can enjoy Chinese new year, Great Singapore Sale & FORMULA 1 Singapore Grand Prix.

4. hermandaz

hermandaz New Member

best festivals in Singapore

The Singapore F1 Grand Prix (Date: September 21 - 23) is cool because races take part at night race alongside Singapore's beautiful Marina Bay. I would also give a vote to the Chinese New Year, though my favorite festival in Singapore is the Mid-Autumn Festival (Sep 30) because of the Moon Cake Fair where hundreds of vendors line up along Chinatown selling tasty moon cakes.