Maldives beach vacation

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by rentz, May 27, 2010.

1. rentz

rentz New Member

First i like to ask you guys what to expect from a vacation in the Maldives in terms of accommodation and activities?

What are the most popular Maldives beaches and is there any isolated ones?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

All the beach resorts in Maldives are exclusive so expect gourmet food, spa treatments, and lots of privacy in the Maldives.

Activity-wise, scuba diving and snorkeling are the most popular options, with tours that take you to the coral reefs beneath the Indian Ocean.

If you're looking for quieter Maldives beaches, Olhuveli Beach resort is reached by a 50-minute speedboat ride and is home to private cottages on white beaches.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Cocoa Island Beach seems to be the center of the beach scene. There's a ton to do here, including sunset cruises, deep-sea fishing, and of course swimming and snorkeling. Many of the resorts are right along the beach here too, so you can't beat the views.

4. locknessmonst

locknessmonst New Member

One thing you can guarantee from a vacation in the Maldives is the pleasant hot weather, though remember that rainfall is very common there since they're tropical islands. I went to the Maldives with my wife about a year ago and it was great. We wanted the beach and pristine scenery and that's what we got but that's about it. There's nothing else to really do there aside from the beach.

5. melliset

melliset New Member

Yeah, I have heard a lot about Maldives beach and its beauty and I have included it in my bucket list. Thanks for sharing your experience related to its weather.

6. ahana2607

ahana2607 New Member

Maldives is the beautiful destination in which you can explore the various beaches.