mardi gras 2013

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Lite234, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Lite234

Lite234 New Member

Anyone know where in Arkansas they celebrate New Orleans style Mardi Gras and are they any good and do they draw huge crowds. if so, could you give me info on location, dates, tickets, etc and whether they're kid friendly.

2. haydays

haydays New Member

Eureka Springs Mardi Gras 2013

Mardi Gras celebrations in Arkansas aren't anything like in New Orleans but the good thing is that many of the celebrations are kid friendly. The main focus of the Mardi Gras celebrations is Eureka Springs between Feb 16 and Feb 21 this year. I know that the Inn of the Ozarks Best Western Convention Center and the the Crescent Hotel Crystal Ballroom will be hosting Mardi Gras events, as well as the Mardi Gras parades along Downtown Spring and Main Streets.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Don't know how kid friendly this one is going to be but the Hot Springs Jazz Society is hosting its first Mardi Gras Party and Costume Contest on Saturday, February 9, from 6pm until 10pm at the Hot Springs Field House. The party features 4 big bands playing everything from rock to jazz, plenty of room for dancing, Cajun food and cocktails. Gen admission is $20. Sounds like a good time if you like music and dancing.

4. boboe

boboe New Member

New Orleans residents pay for Mardi Gras

I don't celebrate Mardi Gras but I'm glad Mardi Gras is pumping money into New Orleans’ economy. Sold-out hotel rooms, souvenirs and the sale of food and beverage is all helping. The absurd thing is that the state of Louisiana is not contributing much. In fact, a lot of the money actually comes from New Orleans residents themselves, who have to pay for seamstresses to make the costumes, floats, etc.