Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It's that time again when beads, colorful costumes, music, and parades take over in celebration of Mardi Gras and at Universal in Orlando, the party will be going strong on Saturday and select nights beginning February 11 and going until April 14. Join the party and celebrate the event with authentic French Quarter style food, concerts, and ongoing entertainment in the heart of Orlando. The area is loaded with hotels offering special vacation packages, and special deals so check them out and make your plans asap to experience Big Easy celebrations in central Florida!

2. howya'doing

howya'doing New Member

Mardi Gras concerts at Universal Orlando

the concerts is all i look forward to Mardi Gras UO. This year’s concert line-up will have people like Cyndi Lauper, Plain White T’s, and Kelly Clarkson. Here it;s the full line-up and dates if anyone's interested:

Feb. 11 - B-52s
    Feb. 18 - Kelly Clarkson
    Feb. 19 - Boyz II Men
    Feb. 25 - Diana Ross
    March 3 - Goo Goo Dolls
    March 10 - Big Time Rush
    March 16 - J Cole
    March 17 - TBA
    March 23 - Hot Chelle Rae
    March 24 - B.o.B.
    March 30 - Plain White T’s
    March 31 - Prince Royce
    April 7 - Cyndi Lauper
    April 14 - KC and the Sunshine Band

3. Babybluebull

Babybluebull New Member

Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando

I hear a new Blue Man Group show is set to debut at Universal Orlando on February 9th with an official opening on February 24th.

4. Ihaveseen

Ihaveseen New Member

annoyed about universal

I love bmg, but the thing im annoyed about universal is that they sent out free tickets to passholders for the preview of blue man group on Feb. 17. However, they only made 100 tickets available, which already sold out long before most passholders like myself even received the free tickets...sort it out universal!

5. dermaprem

dermaprem New Member

afterparty at Universal CityWalk

looking forward to seeing all the beads, spectacular parades and listening to some great live music. There'll also be an afterparty at Universal CityWalk so don't miss it. I believe the ticket for the theme park or an annual pass can get you free admission to the clubs and bars...including Pat O'Brien's, which is CityWalk's Mardi Gras Headquarters.

6. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Be sure to continue the Mardi Gras celebration at of the nightspots at City Walk like Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Rising Star and the Red Coconut Club or stop by the Velvet Bar at the Hard Rock.