Massachusetts vacation

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by pulop455, Jun 4, 2009.

1. pulop455

pulop455 New Member

hello,

Can someone advice on what attractions and things to see during my Massachusetts vacation in the central region? thansk

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

A Massachusetts vacation in the central region is not often the first choice of travelers but there are definitely many points of interest in the area.

In central Massachusetts attractions include The Basketball Hall of Fame and the Dr. Seuss National Memorial at the Quadrangle in Springfield, taking llama treks amidst the thickly wooded areas, Six Flags New England, the Ecotarium environmental museum in Worcester, etc.

While on your Massachusetts vacation in the heart of the state don't miss the Fitchburg Art Museum, Higgins Armory Museum, Southwick's Zoo in Mendon and the Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston. That should provide plenty of things to do during your central Massachusetts vacation.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. jazzdog

jazzdog New Member

Hi,

I would also add Old Sturbridge Village to visit in Central Massachusetts which is one of the three major living museums in New England. This is in Sturbridge which also has some large discount and outlet shops. If you're out to do some forest walking and see wildlife there's no better place than Quabbin Reservoir, and if you drive to the top of Wachusett Mountain (or hike) on a clear day you can see Boston - 60 miles away.

Enjoy

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I'd add in a visit to the Yankee Candle Flagship Store in Deerfield. While you can find Yankee Candles about anywhere, the store is pretty amazing. Beyond shopping for candles, you can make your own candle, shop for Pandora Jewelry, and shop in 90,000 square feet of space. There's also an animatronic band and lots of delightful Christmas decorations. It's close to all the things we've mentioned above.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The Dr. Seuss Memorial is favorite. It's very cute and charming...it won't take you long to see, but then you can duck into the Springfield Museum to see its exhibits.