Mauritius beaches

Discussion in 'Mauritius' started by joint33, Mar 28, 2011.

1. joint33

joint33 New Member

Are Mauritius beaches safe at night? Me and my girlfriend will be coming over and staying there for 10 days. Can me n my wife roam on beaches at night time without any major concerns:)? Plz reply..

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Mauritius and most local public beaches in Mauritius are just as safe as any public beaches all other the world, though I'd say that Flic en Flac is the famous beach spot for walking at night because this beach is right in front lighted bungalows and hotels, so the path is lighted and kind of safe!!

Mauritius is safe, though I'd suggest to try to avoid at all costs doing what most people do here which is leaving the bungalow doors unlocked, flashing cast and valuables and going to remote places on your own.

3. anuroopgvt

anuroopgvt New Member

Shopping in Mauritius is truly a marvellous experience with so many varieties, attractive prices and numerous shopping centres. Shop for clothes, handicrafts, artefacts, custom made dresses etc.

4. Feezz

Feezz New Member

beach vacation in Mauritius

roam the beaches? geez, buddy it's not a good idea to hang out at night on a beach anywhere in the world unless you plan to stay in a resort. There are many beautiful beaches in Mauritius and the beauty is that most of them aren't crowded during the week days. The best beaches that I would recommend are Le Morne, Belle Mare, Mont Choisy, Pereybere, La Cambuse, Blue Bay (marine park) and the Ile aux Cerfs.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

There's a difference between roaming the beaches because you have no place else to go and strolling the beach because it's romantic. As Feezz says, you probably do want to have a place to stay. I think that an after-dark visit to the beach is quite wonderful. But in Mauritius as in anywhere else, you do need to pay extra attention after dark.

6. Vikramkhanna

Vikramkhanna New Member

Mauritius is simply loved by tourists for its breathtaking beauty. Clear warm colored blue turquoise water and endless white beaches with coconut trees make Mauritius an ideal tropical dream beach holiday destination. There are many things to do in Mauritius which you can try out and have the best time of your life.

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

As with anywhere, you're usually safer if you're in a place that's well-lit at night. And it helps to have people around. But you still have to be smart. If you're at a touristy beach, watch out for pickpockets and the like.

8. Explore the famous Mauritius beaches and enjoy the ocean heritage of this area. Mauritius is a paradise for the leisure and adventure tourist and besides being small country attracts a large number of tourists every year around the globe.