Miami to Cancun without flying

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by woodhausen, Dec 30, 2014.

1. woodhausen

woodhausen New Member

If you want to get to Cancun from Miami and do not want to fly, you can take the cruise option but it won't be a direct ride. As far as I know, you will have to catch a cruise from Miami to Cozumel and from there a ferry to Cancun. The cruise from Miami to Cozumel can be done via Carnival cruise line. Once in Cozumel, take the ferry to Playa del Carmen, and from there take a taxi or the bus to Cancun.

2. Accountde3

Accountde3 New Member

That sounds like a good option but isn't illegal to get off in Cozumel and take the ferry to Cancun if you don't get back to the ship to finish the cruise?

3. awsone

awsone New Member

You guys are talking about closed loop cruises, which means you must return to the port you left from. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to get off at Cozumel and not complete the cruise. You'd more than certainly have problems coming back to the US.

4. tvOndemand

tvOndemand New Member

one way cruise from miami to cozumel

Technically, you could do it on an open-loop cruise (where the cruise starts and ends in different ports). There are one way cruises (repositioning cruises) but I do not think Carnival or any other major cruise liner do repositioning cruises from Miami to Cozumel. Then again, I'm taking a guess here. Best you do a quick call to any cruise travel agent and find out. Good Luck.