Michigan beaches vacation

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by krainey, Jul 6, 2011.

1. krainey

krainey New Member

Michigan has a lot of great destinations for a summer trip -- the beaches along Lake Michigan are great places for family trips, and they're also popular as budget-friendly options as well. Along with cheap hotels, you can also go camping near many of these.

Sleeping Bear Dunes, Saugatuck, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, and South Haven are just a few of the choices. Get details on these and others, plus tips on planning a vacation to the Michigan beaches.

2. hermandaz

hermandaz New Member

Michigan has best beaches

I think Florida is over-hyped...Michigan has to be the best spot for a beach vacation in the country, particularly the miles of shoreline in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, particularly North Bar Lake and Good Harbor Bay.

Michigan also has lots of great beach towns such as Van's Beach or North Beach which boast miles of shoreline, and nice sandy beach with good swimming.

3. dollyp@rton

dollyp@rton New Member

visit Grand Haven

People should visit Grand Haven at least once in their lifetime. For me, Grand Haven is the best summer spot for families as beaches are lovely and waters are calm. Grand Haven also boasts beautiful dunes, cool clear waters and fantastic sunsets... believe me, Grand Haven is a perfect getaway destination and there is so much to do within a short walking distance!

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

As a Michigan resident, I have to support the idea of a Michigan Beaches Vacation. The state has thousands of mile of beaches, along Lake Michigan, Lake Superior, and Lake Huron. Plus you have some wonderful lakes and rivers with excellent beaches. No matter what kind of vacation sounds good to you, you can find it along the beach in Michigan. In southern Michigan, you have some sophisticated wine county. Then you have the charming beach cities of Holland, South Haven, and even lovely Grand Haven. You are so right Dolly! And this is just a small slice of the Lake Michigan shoreline. Up north, you have the wonderful UP and the truly scenic Lake Superior. The eastern shore of Michigan, what we like to call the Sunrise Coast, has lighthouses, cabins, and the urban getaway of Detroit . The city has its trouble, but there are still some amazing things to see there.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

When my mom came to visit, I took her to the beach in Holland. She really loved the Big Red lighthouse and the soft sand.