Mississippi riverboat cruises

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Gangsterj, Feb 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Gangsterj

Gangsterj New Member

hey guys,

does anyone know how long Mississippi riverboat cruises take and what do they offer? Do they offer on-board narrations and that kind of thing?

thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Mississippi riverboat cruises offer an array of different cruises along the Mississippi River. Sightseeing cruises, dinner cruises, holiday cruises and private charters are all available for visitors and locals.

A typical cruise lasts 90 minutes and on a riverboat cruise you can experience the river era of the Native Americans and enjoy narrations on the Civil war and the history of the delta and bluffs of the Mississippi River.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

There are a lot of cruises to enjoy when you're visiting Memphis. Some, however, are longer and have overnight options. The American Queen, based in Memphis, is going to start sailing again in the spring after some time again. It's like a floating hotel. I know there are some river cruises in Natchez, Mississippi, and New Orleans that are shorter sightseeing trips. Most of those are narrated and filled with great tidbits.

4. howwefail

howwefail New Member

so much wildlife on Mississippi river

I wished I could've done the Mississippi river on the American Queen but there weren't sailing then... anyhow, I enjoyed so much touring the waters of the Mississippi River that our cruise felt more like a 'wildlife' cruise because we saw so much of it...eagles, herons, beavers, deer, and racoons!

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Re: American Queen: Mississippi riverboat cruises

The American Queen is sailing again! It's been a few years since you've had the chance to cruise the Mississippi River, but now the Queen is back for Mississippi River cruises.

The amount of time that it takes depends on how far you want to go. If you just want to go from Memphis to New Orleans, a day or two might be enough time. But if you want to go to Pittsburgh, you'll need a week or so.

If you're not thinking overnight cruises, there are plenty of options for narrated cruises. You'll also find sunset sails, dinner cruises, jazz brunches, and plenty of ways to have fun on the water.