MLK Weekend Jan. 19-21

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by DonaWeko, Jan 16, 2013.

1. DonaWeko

DonaWeko New Member

Hubby and wan to go to St. Louis during the MLK weekend and we are wondering what to do there aside from being outdoors? we don't really fancy seeing tourist attractions outdoors because Ima sure it will be freezing cold. I'd like to know what would be the top places to see in St Louis with no car? Any recommendations of hotels nearby? Thanks for any help!

2. Polacowe

Polacowe New Member

there are some indoor places you can be and visit like the Art Museum and Missouri History Museum and the Science Center, though most of the cool stuff to do in St Louis (like the zoo and Botanical Garden) involves being outdoors. as far as places to stay, I'd either stay downtown to be close to Metrolink, restaurants, shopping, etc.

3. heavychapm

heavychapm New Member

getting around in St Louis

I second the Art Museum and the Missouri History Museum! How are you getting to St Louis? Driving is ok but flying will be better and quicker. Also, getting around St Louis by car isn't best because of traffic and parking issues. Best to use the Metrolink and purchase a 3 day pass. Btw, if you're flying, the Metrolink goes all the way to the airport and is much cheaper than taking cabs from the airport.