Montelimar tours/excursions

Discussion in 'Nicaragua' started by oneoldone, Jun 25, 2008.

1. oneoldone

oneoldone New Member

Has anyone been to Montelimar recently, I would appreciate any feedback.I'm going in late December with my family and staying a week, so give some info. on tours/excursions.. looking forward to any help.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Montelimar Nicaragua is a perfect place to relax and soak up the sun in its white sand beach. There are many things to do including water sports, relaxing in the beach and exploring the Montelimar cave etc.,

The impressive place I liked in Montelimar was the Montelimar Cave, it's small cave which is 10 meters wide, 2 meters high and 3 meters deep. It is a formed by a rive and provides shelter for its visitors. The cave is not closed and often result in vandalism. It had beautiful paintings but were destroyed by natural forcings.

The beaches of Montelimar offer full of activities especially surfing is very popular. Montelimar has wonderful tropical weather to enjoy, so have seafood & wine with live music, enjoy the trip, best of luck!

3. oneoldone

oneoldone New Member

thank u. you said it's a good place for watersports, is it surfing available, if so when is the best time to visit?

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Yes of course, surfing is avilable in Montelimar area and the places Melon, Masa Chapa, Pochomil and Pochomil Viejo are perfect for your surfing adventures. Climate takes the main part in Nicaragua surfing, because Nicaragua has an average temperature of 27°C (80°F) year round. Rain is limited and the pleasant time to visit Nicaragua is between June and January, so better plan your trip during this time and enjoy the surfing.

Nicaragua has wide range of quality surf spots and Riva is rich with surf. so if you get time just visit Riva as well. Good luck!