month trip in Vietnam

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by JereyParkson, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JereyParkson

JereyParkson New Member

We are going in the middle of december for one month to Vietnam starting in Hanoi and Halong and ending in HO Chi Minh.

Can someone advice about traveling around Vietnam with kids...where to go, how to get around, etc.

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

It starts to get cold and rainy in December in Vietnam, though temperatures will be still okay to walk around.

Traveling with kids in Vietnam is great since Vietnamese people are very family oriented so you will all have a blast there.

I'd suggest finding a local travel agent in Vietnam to book tours and activities like a boat ride of Mekong Delta, and an elephant tour.

By the way, you can still do many things and get around independently in Vietnam since transportation modes like train, taxis and private cars are so affordable.

3. bseo125

bseo125 New Member

I think kids might apreciate the beach far more than what inevitably becomes "What another Wat?!"

I would give Bangkok two or three days, see the main sights - The Royal Palace, Wat Pho, a trip on the river to see the Klongs, Jim Thomson's house and then perhaps a day/night in Ayutthaya to see the ruins of the city.

Seven or so days to go would make a great amount of time to spend down Krabi district, or if your family are not really beach people head up north to Chiang Mai, Pai and Mae Hong Son.

4. Vincent

Vincent New Member

What the ages of your kids?

As Danny said, the weather in Hanoi at december is cold, but in Hochiminh it's okay, not as cold as Hanoi. Ho Chi MInh city is warmer. One month in Vietnam you can go many where, almost go by bus and sometime by airplane. In the city you should use taxi to move. In Hanoi, you and your family can walk around the Hoan Kiem lake in the evening to drink coffee, eat ice-cream, see the life. BUt don't go out at weekend, too crowded and the traffic is crazy. At weekend you should choose a great bar or nice restaurant which have amazing view. Try some Vietnamese cake, the children like them very much. And you, I think you should drink bia hoi, oh, I love this