Montreal's "Swimless" Beach

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mitraveler, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

It has all of the scenery and style of a beach, but water that's too choppy for swimming. That didn't stop the folks who designed Clock Tower Beach, located at the Old Port. When the weather is warm, you can flock to the shores of the St. Lawrence River to start boat rides, visit the Montreal Science Center, watch fireworks, and catch a meal with a view.

What do you think about about this unique beach in Montreal?

2. werttdd

werttdd New Member

Clock Tower Beach

I think is cool but the entrance fee is not so cool. Also, anyone going there expecting to swim should think twice because you won’t be able to swim at the beach, which is a pity since Clock Tower Beach has such a vacation atmosphere and breathtaking vistas.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I looks like the beach is open June to September and costs $3 for ages 6 to 12, $6 for adult and $5 for seniors. Young kids are free, and family passes can be purchased for $15. That does seem kind of steep for a beach you can't swim at, but it's less than a lot else you can do at the old port.

4. Philip

Philip New Member

I have heard a lot about it! I shall have to go to Toronto on next month for a official conference, if I get some spare time to visit Montreal then my first priority will be to spend some rejuvenating moments at Swimless beach.