most popular vacation spot in Philippines

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by Photofun, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Photofun

Photofun New Member

hello, i am looking for suggestions on touristy spots in the Philippines great for diving and with lots of resorts to choose from..any idea?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I've been to the Philippines a few times and three island spots I'd suggest taking a look at and considering are Panay Island, Panglao Island and Bohol Island.

Panay Island is very touristy, especially during the Ati-Atihan Festival which is the most renowned Mardi Gras celebration in the country. Also, Panay is the gateway to the beaches of island of Boracay.

Panglao Island has a ton of resorts and the excellent diving opportunities, and you will be able to go island-hopping and relax on the beach.

Bohol Island is home to the Chocolate Hills. It's also a great base for exploring the jungle interior, and enjoying scuba diving opportunities.

3. JohnPat

JohnPat New Member

Boracay is a good place as well as Bohol especially for adventure seekers when in Bohol do not miss Danao. And for the laid back Davao has a lot to offer aside from the trek to the highest volcano Mt. Apo

4. Amydiaz11

Amydiaz11 New Member

There are many islands and beaches in Philippines that you can visit - Samal Island, Siargao Island, Boracay Island.. The beaches of Palawan and Beaches of Glan are also very famous and beautiful too..I had the opportunity to visit Philippines when i got a letter from American airways free tickets. Philippines is simply amazing and I never felt like coming back.. Wish you a happy journey!

5. jasonstrent070

jasonstrent070 New Member

The most popular beach in the Philippines is Boracay. Also Palawan has so many activities to offer for beach lovers too such as diving, snorkeling, paragliding and etc . It is easy to find a lot of resorts at great prices there too.

6. ilovetravel

ilovetravel New Member

the most popular spot in the Philippines is Palawan and Boracay because of their pristine beaches.

7. badong007

badong007 New Member

Boracay is a good place as well as Bohol especially for adventure seekers when in Bohol do not miss Danao. And for the laid back Davao has a lot to offer aside from the trek to the highest volcano

8. MelanieCaparas

MelanieCaparas New Member

Mine is Coron Bay! Coron Bay is one of the famous wreck diving travel destinations in the world with soft and hard corals and a rich variety of exotic wild marine that can be found.

9. badong007

badong007 New Member

you can try also checking pagudpod in ilocos norte......that is a lovely place to go.

10. helenacampo

helenacampo New Member

I think Cebu beach resorts is what you are looking for. From north to south, Cebu has many beach resorts to offer. You can go island hopping by motor boat(offered by some resorts) or travel by land, rent a car and drive yourself around Cebu.

11. lalmas23

lalmas23 New Member

vacation spot in Philippines

for a beach vacation with clear blue water and sandy white beaches I suggest going to Zambales. Zambales is home to the best wreck diving along the coast. You can visit the sunken freighter of El Capitan or the oldest shipwreck, the San Quentin. From Zambales you will also be able to travel to Mt. Pinatubo when exploring the land. Also, while you stay, taste the sweetest mangoes in the Philippines:)

12. pearlpacifican

pearlpacifican New Member

Boracay is the perfect place to have a vacation. There are a lot's of fun activities such Island Hopping, Scuba Diving and nightlife activity.

13. Mort

Mort New Member

For Diving Spots try
    Anilao, Batangas.
    Sipalay, Negros Occidental
    Subic Bay
    Apo Island, Negros Oriental

14. travelabroad

travelabroad New Member

I hope this list helps!

1. The Pearl Farm in Davao
    2. Caramoan Islands in Cam Sur
    3. Misimis Bay in Bicol
    4. Amanpulo in Palawan
    5. Boracay

Almost all beaches offers water sports/water activities.

You may also want to try wake boarding at Nuvali in Laguna, Lago de Oro in Batangas and the famous CWC in Naga! :)