Most visited towns for weekend breaks

Discussion in 'UK' started by richard45cdo, Oct 12, 2012.

1. richard45cdo

richard45cdo New Member

I am a keen uk tourist. i love traveling around the country to new areas. I was wondering what you all think the best towns are for weekend breaks.

I have my top 5 as
    1 - Chester
    2 - Buxton
    3 - Torbay area
    4 - Harrogate
    5 - Windsor

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Your list sounds great. I'm not terribly familiar with any of them. What do you like to do there? I'm guessing Windsor Castle is in Windsor. :)

3. Lazarus1

Lazarus1 New Member

weekend break in the UK

Most of the UK is great for short weekend breaks. Lake District, Brighton, Canterbury, Lincoln, Oxford and Leeds are very popular, though it all depends on what activities you want to do, traveling with kids?, romance?etc. I personally love the Lake District for family trips and romantic weekends with the wife..best to stay soemhwere lakeside like Keswick.

4. bubbaXpa

bubbaXpa New Member

Stratford-upon-Avon

if you really want to get a taste of the Old England, I personally recommend spending some time in Stratford-upon-Avon. This lovely town is the the birthplace of William Shakespeare and it's home to the famous Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Anne Hathaway's Cottage (Shakespeare's wife). There's also a ton of accomodation options like hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, farmhouses, self-catering cottages, etc.

5. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

Prague is always interesting and the weather should be good then. At the end of the month there's a Roma festival, a food festival, and the world puppet festival going on in addition to all the usual attractions there.