Mothers Day Vacations

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by Vicolette, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Mom Day is coming up and a vacation to someplace special would be awesome. My mom loves to gamble and see show so Las Vegas is one of her favorite destinations. She also loves San Francisco. One city she mentioned and hasn't been to since the 1940s is New York City. I'd love to see the new renovations at the Empire State Building with her! All of these cities have lots of fun things to do. Where would your mom like to go for Mothers Day?

2. Kalafnikoof

Kalafnikoof New Member

my mum collects stuff

wow since the 1940s? I think your mom will be shocked to see how much the City has changed...my mom doesn't like traveling but she is a bit of a collector. She collects hummel figurines, rare books, coins, vintage jewelry, stamps, and that kinda of staff so, I'll just check around my mother's house, and see what she has, then add to the collection.

3. Vicolette

Yep. She went as a young woman of 20. Long time and I'm sure she'd be thunderstruck by how it looks now and how it looked back in the day.
    I love collecting porcelain pieces so adding to your mom's collection sounds like a great idea for Mom Day!

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

That's just darling! My Mom wants to go to New York too, but she wants to go to the Jell-O Museum near Buffalo. She's weird, what can I say? :)

5. Vicolette

I didn't even know there was a Jell-O museum. That would be just too much fun! I just discovered the New York CityPass and all attractions that are included with a ticket. Talk about money saving, if we get to go to NY, that will be the first thing I'm going to purchase.

6. AvaC

AvaC New Member

My mom would love Las Vegas. Her favorite hotel is Venetian. She loves the shows and every time she is there she wants to go to Celine Dion concert (if there is one of course) '-.-

7. kellys

kellys New Member

Great idea..I think, my mother would like to go New York...

8. lusylaw

lusylaw New Member

She went as a youthful lady of 18. Period of time and I'm sure she would be thunderstruck by how it looks now and how it seemed returning in the day.
    I really like gathering pottery items so including to your mothers selection appears to be like a smart concept for Mom Day!

9. victorbritts

victorbritts New Member

Such a wonderful idea..!! Thanks for this idea. My mom will surely loved it and enjoy it a lot...Its a best gift for her....

10. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

My mom lives in Georgia, so I've taken her to Atlanta. We hung out at the Atlanta History Center, ate well and did some shopping. Is there a big city by your mom? She might enjoy a day trip to spend some time with you.

11. Vicolette

On the back burner of possible Mom Day surprises, I'm thinking along the lines of a train trip on Amtrak. I'd like to spend the day in Washington, DC then head to Chicago where my mom's one and only granddaughter lives. She'd have a blast in the Windy City!

12. jennychavez

jennychavez New Member

If you really want to plan out a big surprise for mom, plan a family getaway for the entire day. In fact, you can turn it into an overnight stay. A camping trip is one option you have.