Mount Pisgah Inn

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

If you're planning to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway anytime from April to October, Mt. Pisgah Inn is a good choice in accommodations along the parkway. The inn sits at an elevation of 5,000-feet offering stunning views from the rooms. Guests have access to a craft and gift shop, country store and onsite restaurant. Campgrounds are located directly across from the inn for tents and RVs. In the Mount Pisgah area, you can visit Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock's natural 60-foot water slide, hike Mt. Pisgah trail leading to the summit or take on the more challenging 16-mile hike along Shut-In trail.

2. hackerd

hackerd New Member

there's actually only three lodges along the Parkway aside from Pisgah Inn. There's also Rocky Knob and the The Peaks of Otter Lodge, which is about 15 miles north of Roanoke. The thing to love about the Pisgah inn is indeed its high location, which means super views;)

3. Accountde3

Accountde3 New Member

camping along Blue Ridge

I suggest camping out if you want to really enjoy the Parkway. There are several campgrounds (like Price Park, Linville Falls and Mt. Pisgah campgrounds) along Blue Ridge all of which are equipped with restrooms, drinking water, picnic tables and grills, etc. Campgrounds are open from May through October,and charge around $16 per night.

4. Qatarina

Qatarina New Member

blue ridge parkway accommodations

whether is campground or cabins, when planning your trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway, remember to book early, particularly during the summer and holiday periods, when lodging is at a premium. By the way, most of the on-parkway camping sites are rented on a first-come, first-serve basis.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The views from the inn are spectacular! I've camped along the parkway several times and it is the way to go. The quiet is awesome. One of my favorite places while making one of the parkway adventures was a stop at Linville Caverns.