Museum of Art in Raleigh

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The North Carolina Museum of art is one of the finest centers in the south with an impressive collection of European and American art. One of the newest collections is the Auguste Rodin exhibit with over 30 pieces by the artist. The center also extends into their 164-acre museum park with over a dozen outstanding works of art. Check it out next time you visit the Raleigh area.

2. Cooolio

Cooolio New Member

Raleigh MoA

I always loved visiting the MoA, though i must say since the renovation this place is even better than before and im glad exhibits are still as great. The exhibits that come through the museum never really cease to amaze you. I like to go even when I am unfamiliar with the artist. The permanent collection is extensive and impressive, especially the new Rodin pieces.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing the first hand info about the Rodin collection. Fan of his work. I've not had a chance to visit the museum but it's on my list of things to do on my next trip to NC. I definitely want to see the exhibits and check out the art work in the park. Looks awesome!