Must see places in Norway

Discussion in 'Norway' started by Vicolette, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For travelers on a short mini vacation, what are the top things one should see and do while visiting Norway? Thanks ahead of time for any information.

2. Ola()

Ola() New Member

Oslo and Bergen

It depends on your tastes...are you an outdoors person or prefer to stick to cities? If you're visiting Norway for the first time, the cities of Oslo and Bergen are great introductions to the country. These two cities boasts a ton of cool attractions such as Frogner Park, Akershus Fortress, Norsk Folkmuseum in Oslo; and the Floibanen Funicular and Fish Market in Bergen. The ride on the funicular is really as it takes you to the top of the Floien Mountain where you can enjoy the most amazing views of mountains, the fjords and the sea.

3. Vicolette

I'd definitely like to take the funicular to the mountain top. Seen plenty of pics and it looks like a lot of fun. Along with the ride and the annual festival in Bergen, I'd like to visit the palace, cathedral, and museums in Trondheim.

4. cookiejar

cookiejar New Member

must sees in Norway

you gotta see the fjords and the arctic circle...Norway is filled with gorgeous glaciers, mountains and fjords like the stunning Maurangefjord, which you can drive down to see a gorgeous waterfall that in and of itself makes the trek worthwhile.

A few other must sees are the Vigelandsparken Sculpture Park in Oslo, Solastranda Beach (outside Stavanger), Nidarosdomen Cathedral in Trondheim, the Island of Soroya in Hammerfest

5. Vicolette

Definitely the fjords and the arctic circle! So much to see. I like traveling by train and thought the Flam Railway would be a great addition.