my Algerian boyfriend

Discussion in 'Algeria' started by derier22, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. derier22

derier22 New Member

Hi, I am madly in love with my Algerian boyfriend. He tried to get his visa to come to the U.S. but was denied.

I must be with this man, so I guess the only way to be together is if I go over there to Algeria to be with him, at least for a short time. Can someone please tell me if going to this country would be a wise decision and if I will be in danger going?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I have been to Algeria and have Algerian friends so I'll be able to enlighten you about some issues concerning going to Algeria right now..

First, going to Algeria right now wouldn't be as safe for a US citizen because the US is currently at war with the mid East, and Libya now.

Also, Algeria is a conservative country so if your boyfriend introduces you to his family, im not sure they will accept you from the first steep, so be aware of this.

By the way, if you do go, I advise you to see him in Algiers and leave immediately. Not because of insecurity but because you re a girl and sometimes even being with your husband or a guy, this is not even safe!