my favorite european cities

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by Cooolio, Nov 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Cooolio

Cooolio New Member

Europe has tons museums which is great if you're a buff interested in World War and/or ancient history but there are other great things to see. Here's a break down of my favorite european cities:

1. London: Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Palace of Westminster, Big Ben and London Bridge.
    2. Paris: Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame and Arc de Triomphe.
    3. Amsterdam: Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, Heineken Brewery, Red Light District and Royal Palace.
    4. Berlin: Berlin Wall, Reichstag Building, Brandenburg Gate, Pergamon Museum and Gesundbrunnen Bunker
    5. Rome: Colosseum, Pantheon, Forum, St.Peter's basilica and Sistine Chapel

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Great list! London could easily keep you occupied for 10 days in its own right. I suggest doing an open top bus tour (it's not cheap), but it's a great way to see a lot in a short space of time plus you'll be able to hop on/off at will. By the way, both London and Paris have a biking zone with a bicycle hire scheme which is a cheap way of getting around.

3. Powercharger

Powercharger New Member

small cities vs big cities

All those are great cities but don't get obsessed with just the big cities. Big cities are usually the transportation and cultural hub of the country but putting up with traffic, crowds & noise is really annoying. I say that if you want to really experience Europe it's best you avoid the big cities and head for towns, villages, etc.

4. jaysonmoore892

jaysonmoore892 New Member

I suggest the Marrakech. You will absolutely love the Souk Shopping there. Your eyes will be caught up by different things on sale that will make you find yourself get lost as you wander around each vivacious stall. This is one of the best European destination i want to visit in time again! I suggest the Marrakech. I found this place enticing especially in their souk shopping. Your eyes will be caught up by vivacious, modest items on sale. Wandering around is not enough to please your eyes.

5. Mathew Pugh

Mathew Pugh New Member

Rome, Barcelona, Paris and Berlin are really nice. Last time I went there with my wife, we did lots of fun activities. People there are very helpful.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What great lists. It's hard to argue with any of them. I'm rather fond of Brussels. It feels very European, but yet it's not so large that it's easy to get lost in or overwhelmed. And it didn't smell as bad as some of the bigger cities that I've visited. ;)

7. gukaqarc

gukaqarc New Member

Mine is Tbilisi , Georgia . I was there last month found local car rental company qrent.co comapny and travel all around this city and country , it was amazing

8. RinaC

RinaC New Member

I'm fond of Helsinki - despite the fact that it's a capital, it's pretty small city. I call it small big city :) Besides, there are not many people live there

9. Bilalmohd

Bilalmohd New Member

Barcelona and Paris both are my favorite European cities.

10. verburg123

verburg123 New Member

If you are in the Netherlands, don't forget to visit The Hague!! For the museum-lovers, The Hague has a big science museum "Museon" with collections in the field of geology, biology, history, archeology, physics, technique and geschiedenis, archeologie and ethnology. "Mauritshuis" and "Galerij Prins Willem V" are also a mustSEE.

11. thomsonriver

thomsonriver New Member

Florence, Italy - you can see classic sights like the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, and Michelangelo’s David at the Galleria dell’Accademia.
    By channel manager