My spiffy Niagara Falls Photos

Discussion in 'Destination360 Copyright and DMCA settlements' started by wanderer, Nov 2, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

If you want to go somewhere cool with a camera, I'd recommend Niagara Falls. I visited when the weather was just perfect, so that helped. There were many places around town to take great photos. I really loved the deck of the Skylon Tower...I think it's like 30 stories tall, so that helps. I'll try to attach some here.

Attached Files:

• nf1.jpg
      nf1.jpg
      File size:
      760.5 KB
      Views:
    • nf2.jpg
      nf2.jpg
      File size:
      645.6 KB
      Views:
    • nf3.jpg
      nf3.jpg
      File size:
      557.2 KB
      Views:
    d360 likes this.
  2. deldeN

deldeN New Member

cool. are these shots from Skylon Tower? I definitely think the Canadian side offers better views of the falls, though it's worth seeing from both sides.

3. d360

d360 Administrator

Great Photos! looks like you're in a helicopter

4. weallevery3

weallevery3 New Member

Best way to see the falls

Yep, it's most certainly helicopter views. You cannot get spectacular views like this from skylon tower. Soaring above the falls is nothing short of amazing and it is a must do experience along with the maid of mist boat tour.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for looking at my photos! I was too much of a weenie to take the helicopter tour, so that is from the Skylon Tower. I took a few photos from the windows of the rotating restaurant, too. I was surprised those turned out. I've seen the falls from both sides now (sorry if that makes you sing Joni Mitchell) and they're both pretty great. I felt like the New York side was more natural and the Canadian side was more touristy, but I liked both of those!

6. weallevery3

weallevery3 New Member

weenie..lol. I dont blame you though. I remember my first time being on a helicopter I was so apprehensive. But yea, you took some great shots then if you weren't on a helicopter. What camera did you use?

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

LOL. I weenie out a lot on vacation. I wish I were more adventurous. I just used a teeny point and shoot Canon. I really think it was dumb luck these came out well!

8. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime New Member

American side vs Canadian side

I hear a lot of people saying the Canadian side is better than the New York side, etc but I was so disappointed with the Canadian side that I wished I never bother crossing over the border especially after the hassle with the border people. If you do end up crossing the border be prepared to wait for a long time (2 or 3 hours).

9. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Border crossings can be a bummer. I was traveling with a group on a motorcoach, so they took pretty good care of us. I bet we got through in a half hour. But we were expecting it to be much worse. Now when I've been traveling by car, it's been a lot harder. Did you have trouble in New York? I've always found that border harder to cross than the ones in Michigan.

10. Davis Patch

Davis Patch New Member

Great pics!

11. sammy27

sammy27 New Member

Cool photos. Makes me wanna go there.

12. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Oh you should go there! It's such a cool place. It's touristy, but that's part of the charm. I liked the scale of the town. There was a zillion things to do there, but it never felt crowded or overwhelming. It was really cool to see Niagara Falls from so many angles. It's a must do!

13. Kelsey Ledford

Kelsey Ledford New Member

It's great seeing these. I've never been there. lol