Naples Pier for New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It's been a long time since I visited Naples and I've never been there for the New Year's Eve fireworks celebration at the 100-year-old Naples Pier. They'll be celebrating again this year from 7:30 until 8:00pm with a spectacular display over the water. For those of you who'll be in that part of Florida, grab a beach chair and head on down to one of the cities favorite destinations. Just as fyi, we're experiencing some chilly cool weather for the next couple of nights here in FL land with temps in the 30s and 40s, so before heading out Saturday, double check if you need to take a jacket. Let us know about the show!

2. MallorcaPP

MallorcaPP New Member

going to Naples Pier for NYE

This years is meant to be even better! Im going with my buddies and cant wait to see the fireworks being ignited from the Pier. I was told that the best vantage points will be on the beach just north and south of the Pier. Saying this, we'll be heading to Lowdermilk Park because we'll be still close enough to the fireworks, and we may find a better chance of finding parking if we get there early.

3. YAY!

YAY! New Member

more fireworks after the big show

I too plan to be at the Pier since it's a annual tradition for me to be there with the family. My tip is not to be in a hurry to leave after the main fireworks show because you’ll only be waiting in traffic. Besides, there'll be more fireworks after the big show from private homeowners along the Gulf competing for bragging rights with their own fireworks displays.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Good to know about the parking and the best viewing areas. And thanks for the tip about the local fireworks after the big show. If the neighborhood shows are like most of the ones I've seen, they'll be lighting up the sky for hours! Happy holidays to everyone. Enjoy the show!