National Corvette Museum

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Vicolette, May 30, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Bowling Green has a nice list of museums to visit. One especially suited for sports car enthusiasts is the National Corvette Museum. The 115,000 square foot museum features memorabilia, historical information, driving simulators, gift shop, cafe, and oh yes, over 70 Corvettes from the classics built in 1953 to today's super car. The 14-car Marque of Excellence exhibit is currently running through September 13, 2013

2. Feroc1os

Feroc1os New Member

the Corvette Museum has so much history about cars. Even im not a car buff, I really enjoyed it there reading the facts and see the different styles of Corvette's. One interesting fact I learnt was that a Corvette towel was part of the payload going into space..isnt that cool?

3. even40's

even40's New Member

I agree with the last poster that even folks that aren't car buffs will enjoy this place. The cars are breathtaking and the information on Corvettes across the generations is interesting. I'm told the National Corvette Museum is the Mecca of 'Corvette lovers and I can see why!

4. Vicolette

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experience. I've been a huge corvette fan since back-in-the-day when Route 66 made its debut on TV. I never cared for the new model design. Give me a vintage 1962 model. Stingrays were ok but the first one's off the assembly line have always been my favorite. Here's the link for those who'd like to take a look at Vette history folks visiting Bowling Green who'd like to visit.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I went to Corvette Museum and I'm not a car person. I don't hate them, but I don't get super geeked about it. I really enjoyed the museum, as did my friend and her Corvette-loving husband. Bowling Green is a nice little town with lots to do beyond the museum. You can go on the plant tour, see a museum exhibit about favorite son Ducan Hines (he was a real dude!) and visit a cute town square. You're not far from cave tours too.

6. Vicolette

I haven't had an opportunity to visit the caves in Kentucky. I've taken the walk through the caves in North Carolina and my favorite was venturing underground to take the tour of the Tuckaleechee Caverns in Tennessee. That's an experience I won't ever forget. Informative, educational and flat-out scary.