National Parks in India

Discussion in 'India' started by seorajeshkumar, Nov 10, 2009.

1. seorajeshkumar

seorajeshkumar New Member

Depending on the area and terrain National Parks provide ample opportunities to the visitors to have a close encounters with the wilds.

But what is so exquisite about the Indian National Parks is the variance that they are equipped with. Whether it comes to the flora, avifauna, and aquafauna, or witnessing various wild forms in their natural surroundings on an elephant or inside a jeep, wild ventures in are simply amazing!

Some of the best jewels of Indian wilderness include the Great Himalayan National Park, Dachigam National Park near Srinagar, Corbett National Park in Uttar Pradesh, which is also a famous tiger reserve, Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan, and Sundarbans National Park in West Bengal. Worth visiting in the east indian part in "The Land of Rhino" Assam is Kaziranga.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Amazing! Thanks for sharing! It looks like there are 102 parks to choose from...and I'm sure they're all amazing.

The largest park is Hemis High Altitude National Park, in the eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. It's the only national park in India north of the Himalayas.. It's one of the few places in the world home to snow leopards.

3. catastropfe

catastropfe New Member

best national park in India

there are many national parks in India but if you want to see tigers in the wild I'd say to go to either Bandhavgargh, Kanha or Ranthambore. I would personally recommend going to Tiger Den in Bandhavgargh because I think you will get the best possible experience (i.e. cheap accomodation, many tigers to see, etc) and you will find very good nature guides to hire.

I hear that Ramthambore is one of my least favorite national parks in India because of over priced accommodation..

4. destplanher

destplanher New Member

seeing tigers in India

Sunderbans National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, Nagarhole National Park, and Ranthambore National Park are some of the best national parks in India. However, Bandhavgarh National Park offers the best chance of seeing tigers because of its remoteness. The park also has elephants which are available for tiger tracking in the morning and treks in the evening.

5. praveen2011

praveen2011 New Member

There are too many National paks in India like Kaziranga in Asam, Kanha and Ghan in Gujrat, Ranthambore in Rajasthan and many more.

6. popo00

popo00 New Member

seeing tigers in India

anyone going to india's national parks to see tigers needs to know that chances of seeing a tiger anywhere in India are very low, even in Bandhavgarh. Part of the problem is that there is no consensus as to how many tigers there really are and where they live.

Besides Bandhavgarh, I think other national parks to see them would be Corbett, Kanha and Ranthambore. I have only been to Ranthambore where I did see tigers. Also, I would suggest going to a national park most convenient to your location and if you happen to see a tiger then it'd be the cherry on the cake:)

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That's good to know. I'm not sure I'd want to see a tiger in the wild anyway. They're very big and scary!

8. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

i must tell you that you should visit kanha national park,orbit national park,aachanak marg national park in chhattisgarh and for some live action you can visit sundar van you will find world famous bengal tiger over there

9. praveen2011

praveen2011 New Member

Thanx to giving useful information about Indian National Park.

10. indiainternet

indiainternet New Member

Sunderbans National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, Nagarhole National Park, and Ranthambore National Park are some of the best national parks in India. However, Bandhavgarh National Park offers the best chance of seeing tigers because of its remoteness. The park also has elephants which are available for tiger tracking in the morning and treks in the evening.

11. balmiki2012

balmiki2012 New Member

You are interested in wildlife, I would also recommend going to Jim Corbett National Park . Also more national park in india.but Jim Corbett National Park famous park .I am visit last month. The all information provide and good service provider xpertrvels from new delhi.

12. michaelK

michaelK New Member

there are hundreds of national parks but i like achaanak marg most

13. Aviraj

Aviraj New Member

Jim Corbett National Park is the oldest national park in India, situated in Ramnagar in the district of Nainital, Uttarakhand.

14. varunindia88

varunindia88 New Member

India is the country which is blessed by rich culture, heritage and wildlife. It has a number of wildlife sanctuaries to visit and explore flora and fauna. Top 15 are:
    1. Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
    2. Kaziranga National Park, Assam
    3. Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
    4. Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
    5. Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
    6. Gir National Park and Sasan Gir Sanctuary, Gujarat
    7. Keoladeo Ghana National Park – Bharatpur, Rajasthan
    8. Periyar National Park, Kerala
    9. Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh
    10. Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
    11. Manas National Park, Assam
    12. Nagarhole National Park, Karnataka
    13. Sunderbans National Park
    14. Sariska National Park, Rajasthan
    15. Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra

15. vishaljoshi

vishaljoshi New Member

Hello,

Amazing! Thanks for sharing! and Jim Corbett National Park also awesome and old national park.

16. Rajat Mishra

Rajat Mishra New Member

Explore National Parks In Central India For Adventure And Excitement

There are many National parks in India where you can see the beauty of wildlife. Among National parks, some parks are so unique in themselves. These have the own specialty in something antique. All the national parks are so good place to visit and enjoy wildlife. The Indian National parks have a special name according to place or name of something unique thing there.

There are some reserves in the India, where tigers are free to survive and live their own life. The government has been doing a good step to make tiger reserves. These reserves can help to save a tiger’s life. The Tigers are now also growing in good numbers. These reserves are helping a lot to save the life of tigers with all around development.

There are some national parks and reserves where you can enjoy Tiger safari. It will be a great moment to see the tiger from very close. You can visit the national parks and reserves to enjoy the Wildlife Safari in india. Let discuss some National parks and Tiger reserves of India. You should enjoy your holidays to evolve the wildlife safaris by visiting the National parks. You can select your destination according to the given places.

The Junglewala.com can provide you the best experience of your holidays. All the arrangements with great efforts are done here. You have a need to just select the destination and left all other things on the agency. The company will take care of your all the needs and wishes.

Bandhavgarh National park

Many histories are attached to Bandhavgarh National park. This is one of the National parks in India. The exact time of construction of this park is still a mystery. The park has many historical views from the time of Rama to other kings. After time changes and it became only a hunting reserve for royal persons. This was a property of the royals of the Rewa till 1968. After that, it became the National Park and government property. You can enjoy wildlife safari here. The moments of safari will be a very great experience for you. It will give you unforgettable memories.

Kanha National park

The Kanha National park was created in 1955 while Kanha Tiger reserve was made in 1973. It is situated in theMadhlaand Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh. This tiger reserve is famous for Bengal tiger. It is the place which inspires for-‘ the Jungle Book’. You should visit there to see the nature closely.

Satpura National Park

The terrains of park consist of sandstone peaks, ravines and very dense forest. It is only hill station in the central India. You can enjoy the wildlife safari with local guides. This will be a nice moment to see the tiger and other wild animals. Its name is derived from the Satpura range.

Pench National Park

Pench National park is Tiger reserve located in Chhindwara and Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh. You can see the kingdom of the tiger here. The Pench is an inspiration for the documentary- ‘Tiger: Spy in the Jungle’. The documentary has a lot about the flourishing wildlife of the park.

Panna National park

Panna National Park is a Tiger reserve located in the Madhya Pradesh 57 km from Khajuraho. You can see the big cats here, tiger and leopards. You must point his place to enjoy wildlife safari and other wildlife beauty.

These are the destination which you can choose to enjoy the tiger safari in India. You can contact the Junglewala.com to book a package with special offers.

17. SouthChalo

SouthChalo New Member

Its very useful information for people who like explore the wild life of India.
    Thank you for posting

18. ahana2607

ahana2607 New Member

Danchigam National Park
    Jim Corbett National Park
    Sunderbans Wildlife Sanctuary
    Manas Wildlife Sanctuary
    Kaziranga National Park
    Ranthambore National Park
    Bharatpur National Park
    Sasan Gir National Park
    Kanha National Park
    Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
    Sariska National Park
    Annamalai Wildlife Sanctuary
    Dudhwa National Park
    Hemis National Park
    Bandhavgarh National park
    Pench National park
    Bandipur National Park
    Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary

19. dashingguy5452

dashingguy5452 New Member

India is home to more than 400 national parks and wildlife sanctuaries where you can find different varieties of flora and fauna. Every national park of India has something unique to offer and there are still many of the National Parks in India which are yet to be explored.

Top 10 National Parks according to me are :

1. Jim Corbett National Park
    2. Kaziranga National Park
    3. Kanha National Park
    4. Sunderbans National Park
    5. Gir Wildlife Sanctuary
    6. Periyar National Park
    7. Bandhavgarh National Park
    8. Bandipur National Park
    9. Ranthambore Wildlife Sanctuary
    10. Hemis National Park

20. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

There are over 100 best National Parks are available inIndia for adventure and wild life enthusiasts.

Bannerghatta National Park & Bandipur National Park in Karnataka, Indra Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park & Mudumalai National Park in Tamilnadu, Vansda National Park in Gujarat, Kaziranga National Park in Assam are some of the most popular National Parks in India. I have visited the Kaziranga National Park recently. It's a very big sanctuary and a home to 100's of one-horned rhinos, tigers, wild water buffalo, elephants, swamp deer, leopards and more. There are many wildlife tours available to India and choose the best one that suits you and explore the beauty of India.