National Peanut Festival

Discussion in 'Alabama' started by Vicolette, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Peanut lovers unite! Celebrate in Dothan November 2 - November 11at the fairgrounds at the largest peanut celebration in the US. There will be lots to do including amusement rides, live musical entertainment, crafts, beauty contests, food, parade, and tons of peanuts. My fav is fresh peanuts boiled in salt water over a wood fire. My oh my, the hot peanuts are so juicy and full of flavor. Stop by if you're in the Dothan area for a great party!

2. mezzanine

mezzanine New Member

peanut frenzy at Dothan

lol...peanut lovers unite. I hear it really is a peanut frenzy at Dothan come November. Can you also believe that half of the peanuts grown in the US are grown in the area around Dothan? who would believe it! Too bad i am allergic to them cos i know peanuts are a good source of protein.

hey Vicolette, what else they do at the peanut festival besides eating peanuts? do do set up things like fun rides, animal acts, etc?

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Yep, that area provides about half of the peanuts grown in the US. That's a lot of peanut shells! The festival is held at the fairgrounds, so there's plenty going on with traditional amusement rides, toe tapping music, arts and crafts, and plenty of food besides peanuts and peanut products. Should be a fun time for everyone.