Naturist travel

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by wanderer, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I don't want to see any pictures, but I'm curious if anyone's tried this. You can probably tell that Naturist is a fancy term for nudist. I know there are some resorts out there that are clothing optional. Just wondering what they are like. Is it fun or just weird naked old people?

I'm not sure why I'm asking this, but I know it's a popular segment of the travel industry.

2. C'monBal

C'monBal New Member

I like naturists

it's funny you ask that...I know that first time male nudists normally experience "nudist anxiety" which is the tendency for an erection to occur without notice. As far as nudism or naturism, I like their philosophy of accepting people of all shapes and sizes and their open-mindedness.

3. ToliaJohn

ToliaJohn New Member

watching naked people

I had my first naturist beach experience 5 years ago in Germany, and if I am honest I don't think naturists do it for that reason. I know because the reason I did it was to be able to watch naked people ! People saying that nudism is about 'freedom' is lying to themselves. Enough about that.

4. simpleAZZ

simpleAZZ New Member

Nudism is show-offism

my wife and I have been to nude beaches many times, and my take on why people go naked on the beach is thta they like to show off, or have nothing to hide. If you are insecure about your body don't do nudism because naturism isn't about being tolerant towards others is about expressing oneself to others.

5. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Been there, done that and have the t-shirt---lol.

I even have the photos...

I've experienced Capd'Agde, France, Hedonism II and Hedonism III resorts in Jamaica, Desire resort in Mexico, Club Orient in St. Maarten, and numerous resorts in Florida.

I even organize a group trip to Hedonism in Jamaica every June and this next year (June 16-24, 2012) will be our 6th Annual Group Trip for any adults that are interested.

Discretion is an important aspect of this type of travel for some people and their level of comfort, especially their first exposure, is important and going with a group of people seems to be a good way to try it out.

Also, many resorts will offer day or night passes to allow people to come experience a clothing optional/nude resort to and determine if it is right for them. NOTE: Hedonism II resort has been around for over 30 years and it has an 85% return guest rate if that is an indication of its popularity.

A resort of this type should be on everyone's "bucket list"--even if it is nothing more than a day experience.

:)

6. keralahmart

keralahmart New Member

Man actually i don't like get nude on beach. honestly speaking why we need to get nude in public place is there any thing which any one don't know about the secret part.Or they just want to get show their body

7. nomatternomadic

nomatternomadic New Member

popular naturist resorts

I don;t think Americans are that much into naturism... nudism is most popular in Europe. In fact, I think Europeans came up with the concept. As far as naturist resorts, the most popular ones I've heard of are Vritomartis Hotel & Bungalow in Greece, Domaine de Belezy in France, and Hidden Beach Resort in Mexico.

8. HelloPitti!

HelloPitti! New Member

US loves to nude

hey nomatternomadic, I think you are very mistaken about Americans. Trust me, we love to party and bare it all out just as much as Europeans. Maybe The Travel Slut should share the pics to prove it;)

9. The Travel Slut

Americans are not prudes nor are they so free-thinking that anything goes. They are mostly of the attitude,,,, ;When in Rome, do as the Romans do" and then they return to their natural roots---whatever that may be---once they experience what others are doing or expected to do. No big deal one way or another as long as no one gets hurt.

10. PacificNorth

PacificNorth New Member

Naturism isn't nudism, right?

is it really? I always thought nudist were people wanting to show off their bodies; while a naturist is someone who goes skyclad in natural settings, such as at the beach, swimming or hiking, to increase the sense of "being at one with nature."

11. Rhode2Hawaii

Rhode2Hawaii New Member

it's all about being naked

Pacificnorth...I think you may be confusing nudism with exhibitionism. An exhibitionist is someone who likes the risk of getting caught in a public place with nothing on. These group of people also like being sexual while others watch, though I think that might also be a voyeur...anyways, you aren't far off though since exhibitionism, nudism, naturism, and voyeurism involve a similar act:)

12. mezzanine

mezzanine New Member

free yourself from society

I'd say that nudism is escapism...most nudists have realized that a lot of socially-created rules regarding "normalcy" are completely pointless. Therefore, wearing clothes is something they don't like...although of course, the rest of us conformists see nudists as weird.

13. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Wow, there's been quite an interesting conversation going here. Thanks for your insights!

14. The Travel Slut

It is amazing what semantics and pre-conceived notions can do to a forum post,

It is all good with a learning process evolving based on all the answers.

:)