Naussau, Bahamas

Discussion in 'Bahamas' started by terethetiger, Sep 25, 2009.

1. terethetiger

terethetiger New Member

I am a single woman traveling alone to the Bahamas. What is the cheapest but nice place to stay on Nassau or paradise island?

I would like to go again in April 2010. Vancouver, Canada to Nassau, Bahamas

Do you have any other suggestions of affordable places to stay in the Caribbean?

Tere

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi Tere,

Between Paradise Island and Nassau, I would recommend Nassau as the place to find cheaper accommodation.

Nassau offers a wide range of budget hotels near the beach or in the downtown area. Although, without a doubt, downtown is your best bet for the absolute lowest prices.

Having said this, you should also note that budget hotels will sometimes be without hot water, at intervals without water at all. Be prepared to be without power for short periods of time in a budget hotel, as well.

Regarding affordable accommodation in the Caribbean, I would say to avoid traveling during high season ( from December to April) if you can as prices are considerably higher during these winter months.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. mhuy2x

mhuy2x New Member

Yeah I agree. Do not travel during peak seasons because the prices during those seasons will definitely sky rocket also there are a lot of people on the same place so you won't be able to enjoy your vacation.