Need advice on Antigua Guatemala hotel

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by missy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. missy

missy New Member

I'm looking for a nice but cheap hotel in Antigua Guatemala for 4 or 5 nights at the end of April.It would be helpful if you suggest a hotel situated in central location with quiet environment.Thanks!

2. ftuley

ftuley New Member

The Hotel Casa Rustica is a nice place to consider among the smaller hotels Antigua Guatemala choices. One of the best things about this hotel is its location, just one block from Antigua’s central park. Close to the sights of the city, you are also within a safe walking distance from your room when exploring town. A highly affordable hotel, the Hotel Casa Rustica offers rooms with either private or shared bathrooms, which of course affects the price you will pay. Beautiful gardens and flowers compliment the views of Antigua and the surrounding mountains. This nice Antigua Guatemala hotel offers an internet café, and if you brought a laptop, you can take advantage of the free Wi-Fi connection.
    Hotel El Carmen, Antigua Guatemala, this is a nice small hotel tucked in 2 blocks from the central plaza. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable and a fair price., yes, but the service is known to be fantastic. Beautiful rooftop terrace, free purified water in the lobby, free breakfast. Great location. Plenty of shops and restaurants are within an easy walk. Breakfast consists of toast and jam, juice, sliced melon and coffee or tea. For those looking for amenities commonly found in the States or Europe, you won't be happy. There is no air conditioning!
    Quinta de las Flores is another wonderful hotel with beautiful gardens and spacious, clean rooms. There is a very tranquil atmosphere and views of the volcanoes. It's very secure with high walls and security gate with guard. It's a little walk from the centre, about 15 minutes from the central square. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is excellent. But Quinta (pronounced Keentah) de las Flores is located in Antigua, Guatemala, about an hour's drive from Guatemala City. I read somewhere that was definately the best hotel in Antigua and probably one of the best in Guatemala.
    And there is the Aurora Hotel in Antigua Guatemala is an excellent choice for those looking to get a feel for Spanish courtyards and breakfast on the patio. Each room opens onto the central courtyard which is lush with flowers, a bubbling fountain, and singing birds. A haven of peace and quiet, with beautifully tended flower beds and gurgling fountain. Perfect before setting out to discover the delights of Antigua. I`m sure you would like this last one on the list.

Hope my answer has been helfpul!

Try using the "build your trip" flight comparsion tool here:Flights To Guatemala it will
    search multiple websites and get you the best price.

Dont forget to check this links of interest:
    Guatemala City Hotels
    Guatemala City
    Things To Do In Guatemala