neuschwanstein

Discussion in 'Germany' started by tomorrowgr, Nov 10, 2010.

1. tomorrowgr

tomorrowgr New Member

how far is neuschwanstein from Munich and what tips do you have for me if i decide visiting the castle?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Neuschwanstein Castle is in Bavaria and it's around 2 hours south of Munich, and if you do decide to visit Neuschwanstein, I would recommend making an early online reservation, since it gets pretty crowded and busy at the castle. You basically need to get there very early to get in if you don't book in advance. Either way, you'll love touring the castle and learning about the history of the royal family and how they lived.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

So I'm wondering how to get to Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich? Is there a bus?

4. adelante

adelante New Member

Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich by bus

You can get from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle by bus, but it's best to take the train as it gives you more flexibility. Basically, you can buy a "Bayernticket" for 19 Euro, which will allow you to take all regional trains in Bavaria for one day.

The bus will be cheaper (6 Euros) though. Another alternative it's to book an organized tour with a tour company in Munich, though be in the know that they tend to be quite overpriced.