New Broad Museum in LA

Discussion in 'California' started by wanderer, Feb 9, 2014.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Work is underway at the newest cultural attraction in the City of Angels. Known as the Broad, the $140-million project will be free to visit (although some special exhibits may require tickets.) The project also will include plenty of parking and a large outdoor plaza. The museum will be easy to find in Los Angeles, next to the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

2. DimitryJok

DimitryJok New Member

You mean Eli's Broad Museum? The have been constructing it since 2012 and it looks like they are pouring tons of money into it..at least admission will be free.

3. Heruiop

Heruiop New Member

I've seen model pictures of what the museum is going to look like and it sure looks futuristic. It will boast a freight elevator and a white honeycomb-like exoskeleton facade made of over 2,000 largely steel panels. I do hope do it wont be an eye sore though lol

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Yes, the Eli Broad Museum. There is an official opening date, September 20, 2015. There are some events on the calendar before then. I hadn't seen a picture of it when I read about the museum's opening. Wow, it's really odd! But it is pretty cool.