New England leaf peeping road trip

Discussion in 'Vermont' started by junnoA, Sep 10, 2010.

1. junnoA

junnoA New Member

My friend and I both want to take a road trip of New England to see the fall foliage.

We will be flying into Boston and we'll be renting a car going through Vermont and Maine and maybe New Hampshire, though we only have six days so not sure if it's realistic.
    Also what are other must see places or must do activities that we can enjoy along the way?
    Thanks !

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

hello Junno,

I like the idea of a scenic road trip along New England but with only six days, I'd suggest sticking to one state rather than driving through the states you mentioned.

One suggestion I have it's to drive east on Route 302 from Littleton to Bartlet in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, as the scenery is quite dramatic in both directions.

I'd also consider the accommodation you'll be staying as you ideally want to reserve in advance, especially during the leaf peeing season.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Best destinations for New England Fall Foliage

Boy, if you're looking to see some of the best places with autumn leaves, you will be hard to beat Vermont and New Hampshire. I think that northern Vermont is one of the best destinations for New England fall foliage. This region between the Green Mountains and the Connecticut River has some cute small towns and some great trees.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Good question about the best destinations for New England fall foliage. I would say that Ben & Jerry's is one of the must sees in the fall. It has a nice big porch where you can sit and watch the scenery as you enjoy the ice cream. There's also great views from the porch at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters in Waterbury. It's a cafe and shop in the train station...a totally great place to visit.