new international airports being built

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by VacationBuddy, Aug 8, 2013.

1. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

A new $US3 billion international airport terminal is going to built near downtown Abu Dhabi; after Qatar has already built a new $US15 billion airport in Doha. Dubai already has one of the world's busiest international airports and wants to expand a second airport into the one that they have now (which is the world's largest). Have anyone flown into Doha and Dubai airports before?

2. MariaKo

MariaKo New Member

Im still trying to figure out why places like qatar, dubai, etc spend incredible amounts of money on airports and malls for tourists but not a dime on their people? Even back in the usa, that kinda of money is not spent on luxury airports..at least it seems to me.

3. quadrant-k12

quadrant-k12 New Member

Thats a good point you're raising...I have been transited thru Doha Int airport and it isn't all that great. It's always super busy with huge crowds and no where near enough seating and toilets. I remember queuing outside the mens toilets for 2 hrs, which was nothing compared to the women's toilet queue...I felt very sorry for female passengers.