New Orleans pedicabs

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by wanderer, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Get ready for a new way to see the city--without walking. Three separate companies have been licensed to operate pedicabs in the Big Easy. The cost is $5 for the six-block ride and then $1 per block after that. The companies are looking for cyclists and will start operations soon.

2. telepopMuzic

telepopMuzic New Member

New Orleans pedicabs area reality

it's good to hear the pedi-cabs are finally a reality after all this back and forth talk by the authorities saying pedicabs may not be safe. Can you believe it? all these delays and red tape because of simple pedi-cabs..Im surprised that there are still those who are interested in operating the pedi-cabs.

3. Dapolitiu4

Dapolitiu4 New Member

New Orleans pedicabs are expensive

i think the delays have been attributed to the cabbies who feared competition. don't know why the cab drivers worry too much since the pedi-cabs fares aren't competitive. It's way cheaper to take an air-conditioned cab if you think about it...2 people, 10 blocks, the tab is going to be $13 plus tip. i can take a cab from my house to the french quarter for that amount.

4. JonahJones

JonahJones New Member

Pedicabs are great!

I think these Pedicabs are great! I think $5 per person for six french quarter blocks and $1 extra for each additional block isn't extortionate. I'm not sure though how they work fares outside the quarter where the blocks are significantly longer.

5. Geronimo-Giancila

Geronimo-Giancila New Member

New Orleans pedicabs great for tourists

I also think $5 isn't bad and they carry two passengers comfortably, and a third on the lap if it is a child. Not sure whether locals in NO will use them though. The pedicabs will certainly make the most business in the French Quarter, the Central Business District, the Marigny and the Warehouse District.

6. Pagame

Pagame New Member

tipping isn't mandatory

plus tip? what is it everyone feels the need to tip...we live in a such a crazy society where everybody wants a tip people for doing their job. Im so sick of this attitude that tips are mandatory..you are only supposed to tip when the person has earned it!

7. SincereXX

SincereXX New Member

New Orleans pedicabs won't last a year

Seriously, $5 for the six-block ride? seems outrageous! that means, two pwoplw going 10 blocks would cost $18 by my calculation for a 5 minute trip...goodness, gracious me.

8. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

New Orleans one of my favorite places to visit. It's where I first learned about those scrumptious beignets. I like the pedicab transport option. What a cool way to see the city.

9. shelovestowa

shelovestowa New Member

best beignets in New Orleans

cool, i'l be visiting new orleans in a few weeks and im planning to use the pedicabs..i'll report back. by the way, vicolette: any ideas where to get the best beignets in New Orleans?

10. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Absolutely! Cafe du Monde located on Decatur Street. Opened way back in the mid 1800s in the French Market. While you're there, pick up a package of beignet mix to take home. Enjoy!