New Visitor Amenities in Glacier National Park

Discussion in 'Montana' started by mitraveler, Jan 18, 2014.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

There's a new vitality at Glacier National Park. Xanterra, a foremost outfitter and national park concessionaire, is now operating the visitor amenities of Glacier, including the famous red buses and wintertime snow coaches. They're also taking over the reigns for the in-park Glacier National Park hotels. The new management means refurbished hotels more tours, and better activities. I would suspect, too, that means that the prices are going up. Has anyone been to Glacier lately?

2. BenDestiller

BenDestiller New Member

I was there 2 years ago and the park was great...I hope this new change is for the better because Glacier is one of the best parks in the country and deserves the best care and management.

3. Vasplhui67

Vasplhui67 New Member

best way to explore Glacier National Park

if you plan to explore Glacier NP, I would recommend taking the shuttle service to the top of the Going-to-the-Sun Road at Logan's Pass. Don't bother with car hire because parking up at the top can be hard to find, and why burden yourself with driving the twisting, winding roads when you can relax and enjoy the breath-taking scenery.