New York Air Show - Jones Beach

Discussion in 'New York' started by Vicolette, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Visitor's will have five hours of air show on Saturday and Sunday, May 25 and May 26 from 10am to 3pm at the New York Air Show. Admission is free, parking is $10. The show is at Jones Beach in Wantagh New York and if it's like previous shows, thousands will be in attendance to see the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, Navy F-18 Super Hornet team, parachute team and more. Get there early and be sure to bring sunblock.

2. 09oplkiu

09oplkiu New Member

i have been going since 2004 and recommend this show. i suggest you arrive early and bring a blanket or lawn chair because the plane demonstrations take about 5 hours. Oh, bring an umbrella because it may rain...last year, it rained and thunder stormed on both days.

3. BirthdayTreat

BirthdayTreat New Member

I'm glad admission price is still free, but parking was $8 last year...oh well, i guess it's just a couple bucks. I recommend you get there early to get a good spot on the beach and find parking. I say be there by 9am the latest because once the parking lots are filled, the parkways will be closed and you will be turned away.

4. donaired

donaired New Member

It really is amazing to see the acrobatics this guys do in the the F-18 Super Hornets..I hope this year they have the same acts like the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, the U.S. Army Golden Knights, the NY Air National Guard, etc.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I am so envious of those of you who can attend the show. Our annual AirFest at MacDill AFB scheduled for April was cancelled due to budget cuts. Major impact of folks here as this has been one of the biggest and most popular events in Tampa for many, many years. Maybe one day the Blue Angels will return to Florida, till then hope everyone who is able, makes plans to attend the spectacular aerial show these flyers put on. :)