niagara falls canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by terraplot, Apr 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. terraplot

terraplot New Member

hey guys, have you ever being to the Niagara falls in Canada? I'd like some suggestions as what to do and how to undertake a trip to the niagara falls. thank you!

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi there,

Some of the best ways to experience the majesty of the Niagara Falls are:

* The Niagara SkyWheel which is the tallest ferry wheel where you can great views of the Niagara Falls.

* The Skylon Tower, which is a tower over five hundred feet tall that offers stunning views of the falls and the surrounding area.

* The Niagara Helicopter tour which is a ten minute tour that follows the Niagara River and flies over the gorge, the Whirlpool area, and other sites.

* The Maid of the Mist which is the world-famous theme park attraction popular because you get within a few feet of the Falls.

Other main attractions worth expereincing are the IMAX Theatre Niagara Falls and the Legends of Niagara where you can experience the history of the Niagara Falls in 3-D.

Travadvice360

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I was going to suggest the SkyWheel, which has some really amazing views. But I also want to throw a plug into crossing the border into Buffalo. I really liked the views of the falls from Niagara Falls State Park. It didn't seem as crowded or touristy. You can buy a pass that gives you access to Cave of the Winds, Maid of the Mist, trolley tours, hiking trails, the Discovery Center, and the observation tower. It takes a little bit of time to cross the bridge, but it's worth your time.

4. PamelaWalker

PamelaWalker New Member

I just love the view of Niagara fall. It looks awesome in the colorful lights at night.

5. estupendod

estupendod New Member

must see Niagara falls

what can i say about the Niagara falls that hasn't been said before. You have to see this attraction at least once in your life time! Also, I would rate the view from the Canadian side the best but I would highly recommend going to the US side.

6. holidayguy

holidayguy New Member

The Niagara is a fairly young river, only 12,000 years old!, a microsecond in geological time.

7. michael_23

michael_23 New Member

Hi terraplot,

Oh yes, I have been to Niagara Falls! How about you, have you pursued a trip to go there at this point of time? I noticed that you have posted this for quite some time but anyway, just want to share my experience.

I can still remember when my family and I went to Canada. I personally loved and enjoyed the day tour in Niagara Falls! If you still haven't visited Niagara at this time, I suggest you try both Maid of the Mist and Journey Behind the Falls. You'll have absolute FUN!

I must say, Maid of the Mist is a once-in-a-lifetime boat ride you'll treasure forever! Have fun shopping and eating at the end of the boat tour! :)

8. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Niagara Falls is on my list of places to visit. So beautiful in pictures I can only imagine what it's like up-close!

9. michael_23

michael_23 New Member

It's truly one of the most amazing places to visit! I'd love to go there again... this time, with my husband and our 2 kids. I really like for them to experience the same thing that I had.