north carolina beaches

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by soumokpw, Nov 2, 2010.

1. soumokpw

soumokpw New Member

we want to go away next year for a week long beach vacation..Which are the best north carolina beaches which also offer great beach rentals..Also, we love wildlife, any beaches in north carolina great for this?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

In the Outer Bank you will find some of the best North Carolina beaches. Places such as Cape Hatteras and Cape Fear boast many beaches and many of these have great beach rentals.

For instance, Wrightsville Beach located in Cape Fear is a great summer spot. There is no fee for using the beach, and the beach has amenities like toilet facilities and picnic areas.

Since you love nature and wildlife spotting, Carolina Beach State Park will be a great option to go for sea life and over 5 miles worth of hiking trails. Though, at this beach swimming is not allowed.

3. jj67

jj67 New Member

My husbands and I are looking for the best beach area for our summer vacation and need your recommendations between Carolina Beach, Ocean Isle Beach, Folly Beach and Edisto Island. any ideas?

if it helps, we like not too crowded beaches with some good restaurants and condo and apartment rentals to choose from. Thanks,

4. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

That's a hard one because wherever there are restaurants and condos will be busy. I reckon Folly Beach has to be one of the best though it can get really crowded with a "party beach" atmosphere which you say you don't want.

The thing is the closer you are to the Myrtle Beach area, the more crowded it'll be, but also the more restaurants and shopping opportunities you have.

I'd choose Holden Beach or Ocean Isle. Both Holden Beach and Ocean Isle boast about a dozen of restaurants, several beach type shops, private homes and a few low rise condos on the beach. These beaches are family type beaches, with very few condos,hotels, mostly individually owned vacation homes, though you can find some rentals in the area on VRBO.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

In the southern region of the state, there is Sunset Beach, Bald Head Island, and Wrightsville Beach. Atlantic Beach is further north and Ocracoke Island, Cape Hatteras Island with its lighthouse and Nags Head are located along the Outer Banks. There are plenty of rental accommodations and camping locations to choose from along the North Carolina beaches. For hiking and wildlife observation, Carolina Beach State Park has 10 miles to explore.

6. othello2

othello2 New Member

hurricane battering north carolina

it's not a really good time for a beach vacation to Virginia and North Carolina's coasts. Hurricane Irene is really battering the east of the US as we speak. The storm is only a Cat-1, so we are getting off lucky, but in the DC-metro area it's been raining all day with pretty heavy winds. The good thing is that the hurricane is losing some strength as it made landfall but winds are still over 100mph so mini-tsunamis are a possibility. May god be with you!