North Carolina Getaways

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by jonesy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. jonesy

jonesy New Member

Finally set the date - December, 2007 and booked the accommodation in North Carolina to enjoy North Carolina Getaways. However, I am having trouble finding places that are located in and around North Carolina. Any ideas on North Carolina Getaways? Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. itravler

itravler Guest

The Great Smoky Mountains is the perfect place to enjoy your North Carolina getaways. For me and some of my friends, North Carolina is the favorite destination for romantic getaways, especially the Great Smoky Mountains. We like this place because it offers fun & relaxation and it is ideal for picnics and bicycling. We enjoyed the unsurpassed white water rafting and the cool waters of mountain stream. If you’re a person liking to be more adventurous, then the Smoky Mountains has many things to offer. So have a nice trip!

3. aadWeddings

aadWeddings New Member

I'd have to agree. We went to Gorges state park two weeks ago. It's near lake Toxaway off of rt64. When you enter the trails down to the falls theres a sign posted, "People Have Died Here", stay away from the top of the falls. It's a hike in, Believe this however, you will never forget the place.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

A romantic getaway at Lake Lure in western NC provide a quiet mountain setting with accommodations overlooking the lake. Nearby is Hickory Nut Gorge and Chimney Mountain. For North Carolina vacations featuring camping and hiking getaways, the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is the place to go. In Asheville, tour the magnificent Biltmore House and make reservations at the estate’s resort set among the Pisgah Mountains. The barrier islands of Ocracoke, Hatteras and the Outer Banks provide miles of seashore.