off to Fiji in a week

Discussion in 'Fiji' started by guys34, Apr 15, 2011.

1. guys34

guys34 New Member

Ok, we are off to Fiji in a week for the first time with 2 small kids. we are staying on the main Island not far from Nadi. any must see places and places we need to avoid? Any other tips like customs, traditions I should be aware of? thanks:)

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Fiji is lovely and safe place to be, and if you're staying in a Fiji all inclusive resort then you really dont need to worry much about anything.

Regarding customs and traditions, yes there are important over there, especially in the countryside where villagers are more conservative.

If you do plan to visit a village, please dont wear tank tops, mini-shorts and that kind of clothing wear as it's disrespectful.

Other than that, you can dress casually for the most part since Fiji is hot and humid most of the year, and so people dont really go around in suits or formal dress.

3. karengirl 1988

karengirl 1988 New Member

I am quiet interesting in fiji, would you like to share some of your experience there?

4. juancarlosII

juancarlosII New Member

been to Fiji

last year, I took my family to Fiji for the first time and we stayed on the main island of Fiji and had a blast! The main island of Fiji is very touristy so if you're a first timer you won't feel too out of place here. During our stay there we also took a trip to Castaway Island (just off the coast from Nandi), where we stayed in traditional lofts for 3 days. I really recommend this side trip here as the island is beautiful with a lovely scent of the tropics:)

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What good advice. I'd love to hear how the trip went. I am thinking about starting to plan a trip to Fiji. Why would you choose Fiji over Tahiti? I'd love to hear what makes Fiji special!