ohio state

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by vegaslover, Mar 30, 2009.

1. vegaslover

vegaslover New Member

Hiya! We're planning a camping trip to Ohio but we're unsure how to go about it? Could u please give us some suggestions? Anywhere state parks in particular? many thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

Ohio has over seventy State Parks, each of them, offering lovely backdrops and lakes so, there is plenty of choice when it comes to camping out in Ohio.

I would recommend Punderson State Park as it is located not far from the city of Cleveland, and you would be able to enjoy attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Art Museum, etc. It also offers amenities such as toilets, drinking water facilities, shower facilities, etc.

If you are traveling with the family, I would recommend the Indian Creek Camping Resort located north of Youngstown. It offers amenities such as heated pools, on site restaurant, etc.

To give you an estimate of camping sites prices, you are looking at something in the range of $18 upwards but it is best to check before you travel.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

3. Valhalla

Valhalla New Member

Nelson Ledges if your up by Cleveland but the beauty of the state is in SouthEast Ohio by Athens. The hills and forest trails are beautyfull; I would suggest goin in the spring.

4. I've personally always enjoyed Hocking Hills State park, you can go hiking, horse back riding, canoing and kayaking, Rock climbing and so many other things. It really gets you away from the busy everyday life of the city.

Hope you have a great time whatever you decide to do.