one way cruise to usa?

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by jobiland, Aug 11, 2015.

  1. jobiland

    jobiland New Member

    if you are wondering about one way cruises to the usa, you should know that it is a requirement that you have a return ticket (air or sea), or if not a return, an onward ticket out of North America, already purchased before you board the ship, and before you enter the US. ESTA is a requirement if you wish to enter under the Visa Waiver Program, and you are flying in or cruising in.
  2. The80'srock!

    The80'srock! New Member

    I would add that the ESTA clearance must be granted for anyone to travel to US, though luckily this only costs about $14 and lasts two years. As you enter the US, your passport will be stamped with a Visa Waver Program entry stamp with a date, and it will be limited to 90 days from the day you arrive.
  3. lowtide

    lowtide New Member

    I've never heard one could cruise to the US one way. Certainly not now with the increased security climate. At least, that's what I'm thinking. If you are buying one-way international tickets, I'd be very weary as it could set you up for extra screening or worse, being denied entry.

Share This Page